According to the authors of the McKinsey Quarterly Report which was released in October 2011, there are five key questions about big data:
- What happens in a world of radical transparency, with data widely available?
- If you could test all of your decisions, how would that change the way you compete?
- How would your business change if you used big data for widespread, real-time customization?
- How can big data augment or even replace management?
- Could you create a new business model based 5 on data?
The report offers a comprehensive overview of the challenges different companies face in various business sectors and provides some insight of how they each deal with large amounts of data.
Source: McKinsey Quarterly